Saturday, September 13, 2008

This Is Not a Book Review

Because I have yet to read all of it, I am not reviewing this book here. Athough when I finish I will likely do so on NoBS.

I was zooming through the store the other day and this cover caught my eye. I grabbed it off of the display in one fell swoop causing my customer to exclaim,"You must do that alot! You didn't even miss a step!" So true, but it's from 13years of picking up stray books that are laid about the store.

Anyway, back to this book. The McSweeney's Joke Book of Book Jokes is a compilation of entries from McSweeney's Internet Tendency website and is at least worth a scan through.

Chapters include: "Postcards from James Joyce to His Brother Stan", "Winnie-the-Pooh Is My Coworker" and a quiz, "Ikea Product or Lord of the Rings Character?"

I, myself went directly to "The Five Most Dangerous Children's Books Ever Written, According to Sean Hannity". Number one on that list...Clifford the Big Red Dog! Still one of my all time favorites. But did you know that Clifford is simply a metaphor for Communism! Oh dear!

1 comment:

Mr. Nauton said...

Ah yes, a hilarious book... one that got me banished from reading in bed at night. Great blog!
"TeacherDad"